Thursday, May 24, 2012

Thursday 30 minute project day!

On this gloomy but beautiful day I stopped at a couple garage sales (wierd I know). I wanted a project to work on this afternoon and with luck I found one!
This cute old lady was selling it and she told me her daughter got it as a christmas gift in the 70's. And she wasn't lying..haha....I later saw this under the table.....
How cute huh?? I love when pieces I get have a story behind them....

So its was 12:20 p.m. and first things first I gathered my tools!
  1. Chalkboard paint! (green my favorite color)
  2. Fabric (so I am in love with green, yellow, and gray lately so when I saw this fabric I couldnt pass it up.) I got a half yard but only ended up using half of it.
  3. Stapler
  4. Scissors
  5. Leathermen tool thingy (haha its my husbands but I use it waaaaayyy more than he does)
I took off the legs from the table to make painting a bit easier with the handy dandy leathermen tool. I spray painted it with the chalkboard paint.
    While the table top was drying I got started on the chairs. I decided not to spray paint the frame of the chair because its such a cute chrome color as well as they look brand new and Im not going to mess with a great thing :) ......I took off the chair seats with the leathermen tool and took off the fabric from the seats (this was probably the hardest part hahaha if there was one).
    I then cut the fabric so that there was about 2 inches extra fabric all the way around the seat (this gives room to staple it down).
    I stapled the fabric all the way around the seat,  makeing sure it is tightly on there.

    Yay! Im almost done. I screwed the chair seats back in place on the frame of the chair. Then I put the table legs back in there place on the table with the leathermen tool. And my project is finished and its 12:52! Now what? More garage sales? haha

No comments:

Post a Comment