Friday, January 25, 2013

Chicken Wire Frame {DIY}

 
Chicken wire gives frames a new life! I had this big gold frame hanging around in my basement that I got a while back for $9. I have drug it out so many times wanting to do something with it and finally I was inspired...... by this.....
Source


What You need:
  1. Heavy duty stapler
  2. Staples
  3. Frame (make sure its wood)
  4. Chicken wire - if you know any farmers...they usually have this laying around haha (you can purchase it at home depot) click here for home depot chicken wire.
  5. Wire cutters
  6. a little bit of strength (stretching wire out) :)
I take the frame and lay it over the chicken wire and cut out the wire all the way around. Its better to over estimate then to underestimate because you can always go back and trim off the wire after stapling it.  

 Then you start at one side of the frame and staple ever two wires (as seen below). This way it is good and sturdy! I staple one side then staple the other side of the frame that is parallel to side that you just stapled. This makes it extra tight so that you can hang pictures from it. Then proceed to do the other two sides just the same. Make sure you are pulling the wire with every staple to make it as tight as possible!! (This is were the strength comes in!)
 
A little rustic in a pretty Victorian frame? YES PLEASE!


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment